Management position where individual executes strategies to deliver positive financial results and optimum patient care outcomes. Oversees the daily operation of a Medical Center to ensure maximum efficiency in the care and service of the patients.
1. Office/ Facility
• Manages and directs the day to day operations of office staff in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Ensures the highest degree of customer service and patient quality care is maintained at all times.
• Identifies and resolves problems to improve services and patient satisfaction.
• Ensures all the administrative duties of the facility are completed in a timely manner.
• All patient records are accurate and complete while patient confidentiality is strictly maintained.
• Supervises the selection and ordering of medical and office supplies.
• Responsible to manage facility to the agreed upon procedures and objectives regarding office visit minimums, phone calls, insurance verification, coding, billing, fee collection, patient wait time, maintenance of equipment, safety, cleanliness, and licensing.
• Assures the readiness of the reception area for each working day, open the office at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours. Closes the office.
2. Professional and Corporate
• Monitors/ manages that all regulatory agency guidelines are implemented and in compliance. (i.e. AHCA, CLIA, OSHA and HIPAA).
• Maintains all regulatory binders with current and up to date information.
• Maintains a well prepared facility and staff for regulatory onsite visits and inspections.
• Responsible to deliver revenue and profit plans.
• Manages budgeted plans.
• Daily bank deposit.
• Review and supervise internal systems for handling cash, recording mail reciepts, etc.
• Follow-up audit control systems.
4. Business Development
• Works with Regional Operations Director (ROD) and Marketing and Sales Manager to design and implement marketing strategic plan.
• Plans and assists in healthcare events.
• Markets facility to increase new patient base.
• Develops relationships with extended team members such as pharmaceutical representatives, insurance representatives, medical agencies, specialists, hospitals, pharmacists to ensure patients are referred to preferred service providers.
• Hires new staff and directs employee orientation and training.
• Adheres to all human resource requirements (e.g. maintaining employee field records).
• Supervision, including salary review and proposed salary adjustments and evaluations.
• Maintain records of vacations, sick leave, etc.
• Responsible for delegation of work and staffing hours.
• Organize regular office meetings and set agendas.
• Determine and change personnel assignments and job descriptions as needed.
• Assure that staff is trained and operated in compliance with all government and other regulatory agencies.
• Arrange for coverage for employees out sick or on vacation.
• Understands and follows the Code of Conduct and HIPPA guidelines.
• Completes end of day reports.
• Daily Visit Recap.
• Office Manager Checklist reports.
• Provides insurance company the proper documentation to obtain authorization for patient referral within preferred service provider network.
7. Managed Care
• Reimbursement analysis.
• Managed care contract
• Order clerical supplies and oversee ordering of all medical supplies.
• Maintain supply records, pricing studies, etc.
• Duties as assigned or requested by supervisor or leadership.
• High school diploma/ GED
• Healthcare industry experience required; minimum 3–5 years.
• Management experience; minimum 5-7 years.
• The ability to understand the goals of the practice and work to obtain these goals both independently and with direction.
• The ability to relate well to patients, physicians, employees and other professionals.
• The employee must be dedicated to the vision, goals and culture of the practice.
• The employee must have the ability to remain calm and exhibit tact in stressful and/or delicate situations
• The employee must have the ability to handle confidential issues with discretion.
• EMR experience
• College education preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Financial skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Written and verbal communication
• Proven track record in hiring, training and mentoring staff
• Computer literacy – including Excel, Word, Outlook
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.