Don’t know if you should go to the hospital?
If you’re having a medical emergency, dial 911 immediately. If you’re experiencing an issue that may be minor and you’re not sure whether to go to the hospital or not, you can call us any time, day or night. We always have physicians on hand, ready to answer your questions.
Admission and Discharge from the Hospital
Not only can we help recommend a hospital and help with any complicated admission procedures, but we also like to schedule a follow-up appointment shortly after discharge from the hospital occurs.
We know that it might be hectic and hard to concentrate when getting discharged from the hospital. Many times, there is very important information regarding recovery given when you are discharged from the emergency department, hospital, or skilled nursing facility. Many studies show that people have a hard time remembering all the instructions given to them during their stay at the hospital – which, in turn, can have negative effects on the recovery process.
At Orlando Family Physicians we believe it’s important to come in and see your primary doctor shortly after being discharged from the hospital. This allows your PCP to go over any instructions the hospital gave you, make sure you’re clear about all procedures, and ensure that none of the prescribed medications interact poorly.
What you should bring to the follow-up appointment?
In order to ensure a more meaningful visit after you’re discharged from the hospital, please bring the following with you:
– All the discharge information given to you by the hospital or nursing home including the discharge medication list
– All the medication bottles you have at home; prescribed by any physician, vitamins, herbal drugs, and over the counter medications
– Any family member or caretaker who is actively involved in your care
– Your pharmacy name and phone number
– Anything else that you feel may be helpful for your doctor to know about