New to the Medicare program?
If you just turned 65 and are new to Medicare, you are entitled to a wellness visit at no charge. Even if you are perfectly healthy at the moment, medical issues arise quickly and sometimes without any warning – which is why it’s important to schedule your wellness visit right away. And if you already face medical challenges, it’s even more important to take stock and make sure your doctor is aware of your priorities.
This no-cost appointment gives your doctor at Orlando Family Physicians a chance to identify risks and to make sure you’re up-to-date on preventive screenings. Every Medicare recipient is entitled to one, no-cost private consultation with your primary care physician. This consultation will be focused on preventive care as you age and it includes:
– A detailed review of your medical history along with any age-related safety risks;
– A mood assessment that includes a review of symptoms that may indicate risk of depression;
– An opportunity to discuss your wishes and to create advance directives;
– A chance to discuss all preventive measures including screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need.
Annual Medicare Wellness Visits
Even if you’re not new to Medicare, you are still entitled to annual wellness visits. If you’ve had Medicare Part B for at least a year, you are entitled to have a wellness visit every year to develop and/or update your personalized prevention plan based on your current health.
You can schedule a no-cost wellness visit with Orlando Family Physicians once each year. At this visit you and your doctor will:
– Talk through your medical and family history, including what may have changed in the past year; develop/update your current list of specialists and the prescription drugs, vitamins, and supplements you may be taking;
– Take your height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements;
– Assess your mental status and cognitive functioning;
– Provide recommended health screenings, immunizations and preventive services, along with information on what Medicare pays for, what charges get applied to your Plan B deductible and what costs may need to be paid out of pocket, if any;
– Discuss your overall health and answer any questions you may have.
The Benefits of Medicare Advantage
If you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan, you already know the great benefits you can get as a member, such as coverage for vision, hearing, dental, prescription drugs, wellness programs, and more. But the best part is that if you have Medicare Advantage and are a patient at Orlando Family Physicians, we’ll go the extra mile to make sure your healthcare is as convenient as possible. Here are some of the extra benefits you’ll get:
– Annual wellness visits at no charge
– Transportation to and from your doctor appointments
– Convenient pharmacy services
– Over-the-counter drug discounts
– Access to Case Managers that will help coordinate your healthcare
Do you have questions about Medicare Advantage?
We can connect you directly with a licensed benefit consultant. Give us a call at (407) 477 – 5555 and we’ll direct you to a trusted expert who can help you learn more about benefits you could receive as a member of a Medicare Advantage plan.