Your primary care doctor (PCP) at Orlando Family Physicians plays a vital role in your overall well-being. Your doctor should be considered a trusted partner that helps you remain healthy through each and every stage of your life. Your PCP may recommend preventive screenings in order to catch illnesses early and prevent them from becoming a larger problem.
Here at Orlando Family Physicians, the preventive health screenings we offer include, but are not limited to:
– Blood Pressure test to determine if you have high blood pressure (hypertension)
– Blood Sugar tests to measure how well your body processes sugar (glucose)
– Bone Density Scan or Bone Mineral Density (BMD) tests to detect bone loss that could lead to osteoporosis
– Cholesterol tests to determine if you have high LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol in your blood
– Mammogram to allow the doctor to check for breast lumps and changes in breast tissue
– Prostate cancer test to determine if cancer is present in the prostate gland, which is located at the neck of the bladder and in front of the rectum in men
Orlando Family Physicians offers more preventive screenings that may be recommended by your doctor during your regular appointment or your annual physical exam. If you are on Medicare, your preventive screenings will be recommended during your annual wellness exam that is covered at no cost to you.